Donors’ Bill of Rights Policy
To honour our Donor and prospective Donors’ rights, requests and privileges.
Donors, volunteers, employees, Board members and external stakeholders.
The Donor participates in the very essence of our mission and purpose. We respect our donors’ ability to exercises their rights, prerogatives and fundamental privileges that we recognize without reservation and at all times.
We follow the Association of Fundraising Professionals (APF), Donor Bill of Rights (https://afpglobal.org/donor-bill-rights) and review any changes when they occur.
- Donors who wish to remain anonymous must state so at the time of the gift and specify the extent of their desired anonymity in writing.
- Donors are welcome to request and receive a complete copy of their donation record, which includes their name, contact information and gift amounts.
- Only authorized Mercy Ships Canada employees and Chair of the Board of Directors are permitted to view Donor files.
- Donor files are held in a secure Canadian database.
- All recognition and reward accorded to Donors by reason of their gift frequency, amounts, or cumulative total shall at the discretion of Mercy Ships Canada.
- Donors and prospective Donors may opt out of fundraising mailings via telephone, letter, e-mail, or in person. A statement providing opt-out instructions is included in all campaign correspondence.
- Mercy Ships Canada does not sell, rent or share its Donor and mailing lists with other organizations.