Access to Proper Medical Care Changes Lives - Forever.
Mercy Ships operates hospital ships run by skilled volunteers to provide
free world-class medical services to developing nations.
Assiatou’s First Steps
At only six months old, a car accident left Assiatou with severe burns. Without affordable medical care, the burns formed into thick scar tissue.
A Bright Light for Mabouba
Mabouba boarded the Africa Mercy five years ago with a large facial tumor threatening her ability to eat and breathe. Now she’s a healthy young wife, mother, and business owner.
Healing for Houssainatou
During the 2018-19 field service in Guinea, Houssainatou received surgery for her facial tumour that has since transformed her life.
Double the Trouble, Twice the Joy
Twins Ousseynou and Assane shared more than just looks: they also shared a condition that caused their legs to turn outwards.
Going the Extra Mile
After a tragic fire, Paul Bernard was left with severe burns across his face, upper body, and arms, eventually limiting the use of his arm.
Dreams of Being a Doctor
Gnilane had a dream of becoming a doctor, but it was threatened by a tumour that had been growing on her face for most of her life.
We’ve seen firsthand the challenges that arise when people don't have access to safe and timely healthcare. It weakens communities and leaves individuals vulnerable.
Mercy Ships has been offering free healthcare
for over 40 years.
- Two surgical ships, the Global Mercy and the Africa Mercy.
- Over 1,600 qualified volunteers from all over the world serve annually.
- Mentorship and training programs support local medical professionals in achieving long-term success.
The Need is Great, But You Can Help Transforms Lives
Here's How to Get on Board
Everybody should have access to medical care, don't you agree?
Your donation can make
Whether you are someone with a heart for people in need, or a qualified medical professional we can find a place for you.
Spread the Word
We need your help in recruitment.
Share what Mercy Ships is doing by hosting an event.
Bringing Medical Care Right to Africa's Shores
- Frees people from the burdens they carry.
- Allows more children to attend school and become educated.
- Develops stronger healthcare systems.
- Restores opportunities and allows everyone to live more fully in the community.
- Empowers others to do more and become agents of change.
- Contributes to greater health equality.
The real change comes when we all work together.
It’s an all-hands-on-deck job.
So, partner with us today, and don’t miss the opportunity to help change someone’s life forever.
Your support and volunteer efforts bring hope and healing to so many in great need.