Join the movement as a Mercy Partner
You can help strengthen the medical capacity of entire nations!
Why join the movement as a Mercy Partner?
- Many people in Sub-Saharan Africa have little or no access to healthcare. There are only 2.5 physicians per 10,000 people, compared to 28.6 physicians per 10,000 in Canada. By partnering with Mercy Ships every month, you help provide vital surgeries and long-term care for children, families and communities in desperate need. Your faithful partnership also helps us maximize our resources, better plan projects and transform the most lives.
More reasons to love being a Mercy Partner:
- You’ll receive special news and updates on Mercy Ships! Your partnership gives you exclusive access to news from the field and up-to-date information on our projects, programs and patients.
- Partnership with us always feels good, but it feels even better when you commit to a cause important to you. Consider setting up a charitable budget!
- It is also easier on your pocketbook. Scheduled giving not only helps Mercy Ships Canada forecast our funding, budget our finances, and plan future projects and initiatives — it also helps you budget as well! Instead of making the mad donation dash in the middle of the heavy-spending holiday season, feel good giving year-round and avoid a January cash-flow crunch.
- Monthly Partnership is easier to track. At tax time you will get one official donation receipt with all of your charitable donations made in that calendar year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Donations to Mercy Ships Canada can be made online, by phone, by mail, or in person at our office in Victoria, BC. Mercy Ships Canada Charitable Number: 890648249 RR0001. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Visa Debit and Mastercard Debit, we can also set up monthly payments. To make a donation by phone, please call toll free 1-866-900-7447 between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm (Pacific Standard Time), Monday to Friday. To donate by mail or in person: Mercy Ships Canada Unit 5-3318 Oak Street, Victoria, BC V8X 1R1. Please make cheques or money orders payable to Mercy Ships Canada.
Yes. Mercy Ships Canada is a registered Canadian charity. We will acknowledge your gift by email or post. You can select how you would like to receive the receipt. We will send an official donation receipt within a month after receiving your donation unless you specifically request a consolidated annual receipt. If you are making regular monthly donations, you will receive one annual consolidated official donation receipt for the total amount of your donations over the year. The annual consolidated official donation receipt is issued in February of the following year. Official donation receipts will be issued for gifts over and including $10.
If you wish to donate anonymously, you may send cash or a money order (payable to Mercy Ships Canada) to our office at: Unit #5- 3318 Oak St, Victoria, BC V8X 1R1.
If you choose to send us a donation by cheque, please attach a letter stating your wish to remain anonymous.
Unfortunately, any on-line credit card donations would not be able to be processed anonymously. This is due to the requirement of the matching of the donor name and the credit card name to process the donation.
According to our Ethical Fundraising & Financial Accountability Policy, the privacy of our donors will be respected, including their right to remain anonymous, unless information must be released by law.
You may change your receipting preference at any time to either individual receipting (sent out after each donation) or consolidated receipting (an annual summary sent in February). You may also change how you receive your official donation receipts to either email or post at any time. Please contact our Donor Services Coordinator by emailing [email protected] or by calling toll-free: 1-866-900-7447.
According to the CRA, a registered charity can only issue an official donation receipt to the individual or organization that made the gift. A charity cannot issue an official donation receipt in the name of anyone but the true donor. When donating by credit or debit card, an official donation receipt will only be issued when the donor name and credit card name match. Please see www.cra-arc.gc.ca/charities for more information on official donation receipts.
Absolutely. Our Mercy Partners Program enables you to budget your generosity throughout the year. On the 15th of each month your desired donation will be withdrawn from your bank account or credit card, and in February you will receive a consolidated official donation receipt. If you wish to make changes to the amount of your donation or cancel it, please contact our Donor Services Coordinator by emailing [email protected] or by calling toll-free: 1-866-900-7447.
To update your contact information, you can reach our Mercy Ships Canada office at [email protected] or call 1-866-900-7447.
For any questions regarding official donation receipts or Mercy Ships, in general, please contact our Mercy Ships Canada office toll-free 1-866-900-7447 or send us a message below.