Request a Speaker
Help transform even more lives by hosting a speaker at your work, school, Rotary club or other setting!
For info on bookings, please call Jane McIntosh at 1-866-900-7447.
Check out some of our amazing Speakers who would be pleased to speak to your church, group or organization:
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Professional Designation: Doctor of Optometry
- Countries I have served in: Guatemala, Honduras, Belize, Dominican Republic, Liberia, Benin, Togo, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Congo Brazzaville, Cameroon on the Caribbean Mercy, Anastasis and the Africa Mercy.
- Role on the ship: Ophthalmic Provider-screening for eye surgery patients and assessing eye patients pre and post operatively.
- Number of times I have served on the ship: 13
- What I am doing now: Private Practice.
- Location: Edmonton, AlB (but currently in Montreal, Quebec for school)
- Professional designation: Registered Nurse
- Countries I have served in: Madagascar x2 and Benin
- Role on the ship: Pediatric Ward Nurse
- How long I have served on the ship: Two full field services
- What I am doing now: I was inspired during my time on the ship and I am now in my first year of a Master of Science in Public Health at McGill University with the goal of continuing to work in Global Health when I am finished.
- Location: Victoria, BC
- Professional Designation: Intensive Care Unit- Royal Jubilee Hospital, Victoria BC
- Countries I have served in: Cameroon
- Role on the ship: Ward Nurse- maxilla facial
- How long I have served on the ship: Two Months
- What I am doing now: Continuing in my role at the Royal Jubilee – now twenty nine years in the profession.
I was very happy to take my knowledge and compassion to Cameroon and be a part of this great surgical ship.
- Location: Kelowna, BC
- Professional Designation: Registered Nurse
- Countries I have served in: Senegal (93-94), Sierra Leone (2004, 2011), Ghana (2006), Togo (2012), Guinea (2013), Congo (2014), Madagascar (2015, 2016), Benin (2016), Cameroon (2018).
- Role on the ship: Worked as a Ward Nurse on the Anastasis and the Africa Mercy
- How long I have served on the ship: Serving since 1993
- What I am doing now: Currently work as a Registered Nurse on a Thoracic Surgery unit at Kelowna General Hospital.
- Location: Montreal, Quebec
- Professional Designation: Pediatric Surgeon
- Countries I have served in: Madagascar, Benin, Cameroon, Guinea
- Role on the ship: Pediatric Surgeon
- How long I have served on the ship: 4 times. 2-3 weeks each
- What I am doing now: I am a Pediatric Surgeon: Director of the Division of Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery at the Montreal Children’s Hospital; Associate Chair for Education and Departmental Citizenship in the Department of Pediatric Surgery, and Professor of Pediatric Surgery, Surgery, and Pediatrics at McGill University, Montreal. I also co-directs Canada’s first multidisciplinary Chest Wall Anomalies Clinic at the Shriners Hospital for Children.
- Location: Sarnia, ON
- Professional Designation: Surgeon
- Countries I have served in: Congo Brassaville
- Role on the ship: General Surgeon
- How long I have served on the ship: Two weeks
- What I am doing now: Continuing to practice General Surgery in Sarnia, and involved in Speaker’s Network for Mercy Ships.