The 2015 Ride for Refuge is just around the corner, a family-friendly cycling and walking fundraiser that helps charities and their supporters to raise money for their work with the displaced, vulnerable and exploited!
Here are 10 reasons why you should take part in the ride!
- By supporting Mercy Ships, you are making a difference and truly helping make people’s lives better!
- Awareness is our middle name and we need your help to spread it! By riding/walking you will bring attention to the work being done in Madagascar onboard the Africa Mercy and at our land based clinics in 2015-2016.
- Make it personal. Ride for someone you are supporting aboard the Africa Mercy, or ride because you once worked onboard the Africa Mercy yourself!
- It’s a time to bring your family together – make a day of it, dress up in silly clothes, toot your horns, have a BBQ!
- Connect with old friends, current friends and make new friends! You will discover why others are participating and who they are supporting, everyone has a story!
- It’s an opportunity for team-building. The ride is a great way to unite your group!
- Get in shape or stay in shape. Make it your goal to sign up for the 50km ride!
- You will be given a cool new shirt! (for participants who raise their fundraising minimum).
- Discover a part of your city you might not know about.
- YOU’ll HAVE FUN!